As expected, Nigerians have reacted to this long awaited victory on Twitter and here are some of the best ones:
Lets hope Ghanaians can focus on other things and let our Nigerian jollof rice reign in perfect peace. But we are yet to hear from them, let’s hope that they concede defeat. It is finished!
Meanwhile, here are some of other noteworthy things he said:
1. The ecosystem will keep getting better, it may be in 10-15 years but in the future we will have AR products that can be able to put virtual stuff on it – it will get to a point that those kind of glasses will cost 100 dollars, instead of what Oculus costs now – 600 dollars. Anything that is a screen, a game does not have to be physical. That is what i have in my mind of where i want the world to be.
2. WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger are both different. People feel comfortable using WhatsApp because it’s fast, you’ll probably find it easier to use WhatsApp – it’s focused on being a utility while Messenger is all about expression. We will leave them both to leverage on their strengths.
5. One of the things we are incredibly proud of is that 60 million businesses use Facebook, for free. That’s historic
5. I love being here, but i miss my daughter. Being able to get pictures and videos of her from Priscilla, her mother – who is with her and her on a swing etc – really makes my day. That’s what connecting families is all about.
6. People will run into me on the streets and say, “I met my wife on Facebook, now we have this baby.”
On Nollywood, Mark Zuckerberg said:
7. Nollywood sounds like a national treasure – being able to create content that is moving and creative – there’s no way this place doesn’t end up being a place that contributes to shaping every part of the world. Now that we’re here, we’ll be visiting Nollywood to see how you do things.
On diaper changing:
8. You gotta slide the new diaper in before pulling the old one out, otherwise you’ll go from a routine diaper change to a whole outfit change.
On jollof rice and his endorsement of Nigerian food:
9. I ate pounded yam but Ime said i have to eat it with one hand and saw something in the soup and it’s snail. I don’t come to Nigeria often – so i ate the snail.
And in closing, Mark Zuckerberg said of Nigeria:
10. The world needs to come here and see the amazing things happening here. This is where the future is going to get built.
Aisha Wakil says Boko Haram is ready for peace and also to make announcement about Chibok in the next 24hrs
This comes few days after President Buhari said his government was ready to negotiate with genuine Boko Haram leaders for the release of the missing school girls.
According to the Nation, Wakil in an interview said after she has been cleared by the Nigerian Army and that she has been persuading the leader of the sect group to...