For our newbies, the KFB foodie talk column – handled by Dobby of Dobbysignature – is basically for ladies and
‘guys’ that are interested in learning how to cook better ;).
Matse Uwatse Nnoli, who blogs at Matsecooks.com is the guest columnist for today…
I know most of us enjoy eating noodles but it’s time to take our noodle eating from “bleh” to “va va voom”.
Personally I love very good looking and over the top tasting noodles.
The usual spices attached to the noodles from the manufacturer gives a
fine but random taste, it is up to you to take it from the ordinary to
extra-ordinary and I am here to show you how to.
A few good but solid ingredients can do the magic for you.
Now, get any noodles of your choice and follow me on this journey.
* You will need already cooked chicken or turkey (cook turkey/chicken
meat with onion slices, a pinch of thyme, seasoning cubes and salt).
Then shred, removing and discarding the bones. You may choose to use
with the skin or without.
Boil and pour hot water into the noodles and leave for a few minutes
until a bit soft, then strain off the water and allow to drain. Set the
spices that came with it away. We don’t need them. Save them to use for frying your eggs for breakfast.
In a pre-heated wok or frying pan, add the cooking spoons of vegetable
oil and spread evenly on the surface, throw in the veggies, half a
seasoning cube and stir fry for 1 minute.
Here is a handy printable.
- 4 packs of 70g noodles
- 2 cups of shredded turkey/chicken meat
- 1 stick of carrot
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 onion
- 1 cup bean sprout (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of parsley flakes (optional)
- 2 cooking spoons vegetable oil
- Dark soy sauce
- 1/2 seasoning cube
- 1. Slice vegetables.
- 2. Pour hot water over noodles, leave for a few minutes until soft, then drain properly.
- 3. In a pre-heated wok or pan, add the vegetable oil. Follow with the sliced vegetables and seasoning cubes. stir fry for a bit.
Then add the shredded chicken or turkey and cook for a minute. Follow
up with the noodles. Mix in nicely and add some water if needed and cook
for a few minutes.
- 5. Drizzle some soy sauce over the noodles and blend in.
- 6. Add the parsley if using.
- 7. Finally, the beans sprout. Allow to heat up for a bit and serve immediately.
- * Serve immediately.
- * Be creative with your choice of vegetables.
- * You can enjoy with some pepper sauce.
You would think doing a good deed would pay off nicely… maybe not in these parts.
Josephine Ugwu, the airport cleaner who returned a passenger’s
luggage containing local and foreign currencies to the tune of N12m has
He reward for a good deed came in the form of a N7,200 salary increment from a N7,800 salary, bringing her new salary to N15,000.
In essence, for her commendable act, her salary was doubled from embarrassing to meagre.
Even though her colleagues expressed disappointment that such act of
uncommon integrity was not noticed by the government, Ugwu, however,
said she had no regrets for what she did, but would not mind being
This incident has taken my name far...