what #SoulTies are and how to break them with the power of God’s Word
and the power of the Holy Spirit.
This week, we look at the operation of #SoulTies in the life of the Christian who has not spent time renewing his/her mind with the Word of God.
We see from the scriptures that #SoulTies are actually used by the devil to draw the believer into sinful conduct. This is a very powerful teaching you don’t want to miss reading.
• We’ll start by looking at some scriptures that pertain to #SoulTies before we pro-ceed to analyse them
• Col 3:5a: “Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection…”
• The Bible defines #SoulTies as inordinate affection that should be mortified or putto death in our conduct as born-again believers
• Ezekiel 23:11: “…she was more corrupt in her inordinate love than she, and in her whoredoms more than her sister in her whoredoms.”
• Hebrews 11:15: “…if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to return.”
• From Heb 11:15, we see that #SoulTies were developed through our lifestyles in Egypt as unbelievers. We learnt a lot of them in Egypt
• From Heb 11:15, we see that if our minds are not renewed with God’s word, we’ll seek opportunities to return to practice our #SoulTies
• From Heb 11:15, we also see that the memories of our previous #SoulTies are not hazy. They are clear, vivid and reproducible.
• Yes, you are now born again but you didn’t forget how your last boyfriend in Egypt made you feel
• Yes, you are born again now and tongue talking, but you can’t forget that super experience your last girlfriend gave you
• Yes, you are now moving up the spiritual ladder in church, but that last girl keeps nagging you to come for more
• From Heb 11:15, we also see that there is an entire country we left practicing #SoulTies we are supposed to mortify
• From Heb 11:15, we also see that we make comparisons at certain crucial mo-ments between our previous #SoulTies and our new life in the Spirit
• When the Israelites were challenged, they always reminded God of their #Soul-Ties: leek, onion, garlic, cucumber etc
• There are times in your wilderness experience where Satan tries to show you that your #SoulTies should be returned to
• Satan is wrong. He is only trying to rob you of your inheritance with God• From Heb 11:15, we also see that satan will hardly bait you with new stuff but with stuff you’re already conversant with
• Someone once said satan is running out of material, if he uses old stuff against you
• However, there’s enough unhandled old stuff already that can cause mega problems if you’re not prayerfully on the Word
• Let’s look at another scripture passage and then gain some altitude afterwards. James 1:13-15
• Please bear in mind that giving ourselves to the Word and prayer will reduce the effects of #SoulTies to the barest minimum in our lives
• James 1:13: “Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man…”
• James 1:14: “But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed”
• James 1:15: “Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.”
• James 1:13-15 shows that the acts of sin in our lives stem out of our lusts i.e. cravings. Inordinate affections aka #SoulTies
• We see that if Satan will tempt you, he’ll draw you through old stuff (#SoulTies) lodged in your heart called lusts• If you were into sex and no drugs before you got saved, Satan will hardly entice you with drugs. He’ll use sex
• So your weak point is where you get hit the most by Satan. Samson’s own was women so satan didn’t bring drugs to him
• When you want to be recruited into secret intelligence, they scrutinise your habitsover a period of time• They want to know the weak points the enemy can use in honey trapping you. #SoulTies may be money, cars, food, orgies etc
.• Until we renew our minds with God’s word in those areas and get transformed, satan has entry points he can capitalise on
• There is a lifelong assignment for both the pew and the pulpit to renew our minds. Else stuff will happen and the pew gets confused
• And believer not committed to the mind renewal process with God’s word will be susceptible to #SoulTies, irrespective of status in church.
Please follow the link below to read the complete scoop on satan uses #SoulTies toentice the believer into a lifestyle of sin. Looking forward to seeing you again next week.
Please share this article with all your friends. https://breakingsoulties.word-press.com/2013/11/03/soul-ties-2-2/
I’m being hosted tomorrow (Mondday 23-062014) on Hephzibah Radio @ 7:00pm GMT / 7:00pm Nig. Time.
I’ll be teaching men on how to develop Spiritual Intelligence to know who to marry and you’ll also have the opportunity to phone in to ask questions after the teaching.
Details on how to join the broadcast can be found on http://breakingsoulties.wordpress.com/2014/06/22/soulties-live-radio-broadcast