Lol, this is kinda funny!
Barely 24 hours after President Goodluck Jonathan announced automatic
employment for injured applicants during the just concluded recruitment
exercise of the Nigeria Immigration Service; no fewer than 200
applicants have reportedly stormed the National Hospital, Abuja, seeking
to be registered as beneficiaries in the presidential munificence.
Applicants had been trooping into the National Hospital,
claiming that they had treated themselves at certain private hospitals
after the Saturday’s stampede.
A dependable source, who does not
want his name mentioned disclosed that some of the applicants claimed
that since the federal government was going to rely on the medical
records from the hospital, they also needed the medical certificate to
be considered for the automatic jobs.
The source said, “There is a
deep problem in the land and people are becoming more desperate. This
is sheer wickedness. Can you imagine a situation where some people are
now claiming that they sustained injuries during the stampede and
treated themselves in private hospitals and now need money since
government has said that it will pay the medical bills?
federal government is yet to make any funds available to us as we
treated the victims without collecting any amount from them.
of them are even claiming that they are related to the dead victims,
saying that they are ready to take the three slots earmarked for the
deceased. It will also interest you that some of them brought lawyers
that will file legal action against government and claim compensation on
“There was this pregnant woman who refused to be
persuaded on the grounds that she must be given automatic employment or
she would remain in the hospital. We had to use diplomacy before she
agreed to leave.”
culled from Dailypost