Woman Goes Missing After Attending RCCG’s Holyghost Service


One 33-year-old woman, Folashade Odumola, has been reported missing!!!
Her family members claim she went missing after attending the monthly Holy Ghost
Service at the Redeemed Camp organised by the Redeemed Christian Church
of God at Mowe, Ogun State.

According to Punch…..
Odumola was last seen by her family when
she left her Egbeda home at about 1pm to see some customers at Isolo
before heading for the sevice. Odumola was said to have called her younger sister,
Opeyemi, on the telephone about 5pm to inform her that she was still at
Opeyemi said, “Odumola usually takes her
wares to her customers at their place of work; she has customers in
both private and public institutions. Last Friday, she went to the Isolo
LG. She called me at about 5pm to tell me that she was still there.
“After some hours, she called me again at about 10pm to say she had arrived safely at the Redeemed camp.
She added that that was the last time she had heard from Odumola.
For the last six years, Odumola was said
to have maintained a routine. Whenever she attended the Friday camp
service which usually lasted throughout the night, she would return home
the next day by 6am.
Opeyemi said, “At first when she didn’t
show up between 6am and 7, no one called. We all assumed she had stopped
by the market to buy some ingredients. She had been contracted to bake a
friend’s birthday cake that day.
“By 8am, we began to be worried and
started calling her. The phone would ring repeatedly but someone at the
other end kept cutting the call. It wasn’t until 5pm on Saturday that a
man eventually answered the call. He had an Igbo accent.”
The stranger did not identify himself
and did not answer Opeyemi’s questions about her sister’s whereabouts.
Instead the stranger was said to have queried her on what her sister’s
occupation was. Opeyemi was said to have replied that she was a student
and asked the stranger what he was doing with Odumola’s phone.
“When he wouldn’t give me a direct
answer, I asked him where he was and he told me he was at Alausa. I
quickly boarded a bus and headed for Ikeja with my twin sister. When we
got there, we called the guy to get the exact location, only for him to
say he was at Badagry. That was when we realised that he wasn’t
serious,” Opeyemi recalled.
An in-law to the family, Abiodun Kayode,
said the family had searched every nook and cranny of both Lagos and
Ogun State without result.
He said, “I have been to the Lagos State
University Teaching Hospital and Igbobi hospital severally; we wanted
to make sure that Odumola was not at their emergency wards. Eventually
on Monday, I went to the Mowe Police Division to make a report. I also
went to Redeemed Camp and met with their security personnel. I was
directed to a police post within the camp and they told me that there
was no person like Odumola there.”
The Deputy Police Public Relations
Officer for the Lagos Command, Mr. Damascus Ozoani, confirmed the
incident. He said, “We cannot say categorically that this is a kidnap.
If it were, the abductors would have asked for money; there would have
been some communication with Odumola’s family. However, we have begun
investigation to ascertain Odumola’s whereabouts.”


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.