News

True Love: Woman saves husband from burning two-storey building in Abia

‘True love is when she returns to rescue you from fire…’
The landlord of a two-storey building, Mr Joseph Nwachukwu, escaped death by whiskers as his property was gutted by fire in Aba, Abia.
According to Mr Chizoba Nwachukwu, the eldest son of Nwachukwu, his mother was on her way back home when she saw the house in flames.
“She rushed to see my dad alone in the room and saved him first before calling for help from the neighbourhood,’’ he said.
He said that the fire, which started from a tenant’s apartment, razed the building at 17 Joe Express Street, near Ariaria International Market on Thursday.
Chizo further said that his father who had been suffering from stroke before the inferno, was rescued while the property, including cash was gutted by fire.
“Every other thing in our flat was completely burnt. All I have laboured for in life are no more. The only thing I have is this cloth I am wearing.’’
He said that the people who came to their rescue could not enter their flat because of electric shock from the boiler and gave the cost of the damage including cash to be over N3 million.
He alleged that the fire outbreak was caused by their neighbour, who allegedly left an electric boiler on.

READ
Nigerian students to be restricted to two-year courses in the U.S

Tireni Adebayo

Tireni Adebayo is the Editor of Kemi Filani News.She has BSC in Mass Communication from the Redeemer's University and M.A in Mass Communication from the University of Lagos (2014 - 2015) where she majored in Public Relations and Advertising and Digital Media.  When she is not writing, she is either listening to music or reading her favorite books.Tel: +2348000000901 Address: Herbert Macaulay, Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria Email: [email protected]

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Back to top button