Zig Ziglar, who wrote more than 30 books and
focused on positivity and leading a balanced life, died Wednesday in
Texas. He was 86.
Ziglar, who had been suffering from pneumonia, died at a hospital in the
Dallas suburb of Plano, said his personal assistant, Jay Hellwig.
Ziglar started his fulltime career in motivational speaking when he was in his 40s. His first book was “See You at the Top.” He also authored ‘staying up, up, in a down, down world’ “see you at the top’ etc…
See 10 of his major quotes after the cut
10) “Remember that failure is an event, not a person.”
9) “You will get all you want in life, if you help enough other people get what they want.”
8 ) “People often say motivation doesn’t last. Neither does bathing—that’s why we recommend it daily.”
7) “There has never been a statue erected to honor a critic.”
6) “People don’t buy for logical reasons. They buy for emotional reasons.”
5) “Expect the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes.”
4) “If you go looking for a friend, you’re going to find they’re scarce. If you go out to be a friend, you’ll find them everywhere.”
3) “A goal properly set is halfway reached.”
2) “Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.”
1) “If you can dream it, you can achieve it.”
Rest in Peace Zig Ziglar.