Categories: News

Woman finds snake in her teacup while drinking tea

A snake has been rescued after a woman found it in her cutlery drawer as she made a cup of tea.
The woman encountered the reptile last Friday when she reached in to find a teaspoon at her home in Coningham Terrace, Aberdeen.
Animal rescue officer Lynne Craib
said: ‘The poor woman got a real fright when she reached into the drawer
to grab a teaspoon and found Spooner the snake instead.

‘Spooner (the snake) is in good condition, so we think he has been someone’s pet until recently.
‘Snakes need heat to survive and it was quite warm in the lady’s kitchen, so that may be why Spooner went inside the drawer.

‘We’ve
rescued snakes from all sorts of unusual places over the last few
months, including behind a washing machine and around a lamppost, but
this is the first one found in a cutlery drawer.
‘Snakes are really good escape artists, so there’s every chance Spooner has an owner nearby who is missing him’. He said.
According to reasearch and Animal doctors, “Milk snakes are common pets and are not dangerous or poisonous.”
Milk snake or butter snake, they are all snakes and as far I am concerned, all snakes are dangerous!

Tireni Adebayo

Tireni Adebayo is the Editor of Kemi Filani News. She has BSC in Mass Communication from the Redeemer's University and M.A in Mass Communication from the University of Lagos (2014 - 2015) where she majored in Public Relations and Advertising and Digital Media.  When she is not writing, she is either listening to music or reading her favorite books. Tel: +2348000000901 Address: Herbert Macaulay, Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria Email: tireni.adabayo@kemifilani.ng

Leave a Comment