Today’s trending discussion on Twitter was on Nollywood. The platform (
#unansweredNollywoodQuestions) gave participants the opportunity to voice out their perception(s) of Nollywood and the many faults they see in movies from Nollywood.
|Jim Iyke…, Ramsey Nouah…, …Desmond Elliot|
Of course, I got to have my laugh as usual and that’s why I decided to share some of the submissions with you (my amazing readers).
1. Why is it always the case of a Prince falling in love with a poor Village girl? hehehe! I watched one yesterday and Ini Edo was the poor village girl
2. Why is it that the TV in the so-called movies go off immediately after the Breaking news (the annoying one is when the characters switch on the TV, and just then the Breaking news comes up)
3. Why do the characters always look up when they want to have a flashback? (Someone retweeted ‘flashbacks are heavenly’, hehehe!)
4. Why is it that the characters die immediately after their confessions (Correct!)
5. Study: Why is it that Olu Jacobs dies of heart attack in 9 of every 10 movies he features in (plus if he is not playing the role of the King, then he is playing a rich father who is not in support of his son’s marriage…)
6. When a car hits someone on the leg Blood comes out from the mouth (Correct!, Nollywood oh)
7. After being slapped, must the characters say ‘U slapped me?'”(and this is how they say it, ‘Did you just slap me?!)
8. 20yrs later, same hair, same cloth and position. WHY?
There is more, plus the discussion is still going on so you can participate via here
(Dear Nollywood, there is no doubt that you guys are working hard to give your viewers the best but you need to work on the quality of your movies, movie theme(s), Characters (one character shouldn’t always play the same role in all movies), script n musical background! *winks*)