“Every adult out there, we really want you to know that…
1. Our hands are small; so you shouldn’t always expect perfection whenever we make our bed, draw a picture, or write essays.
2. Our legs are short; slow down so that we can keep up with you
3. Our eyes have not seen the world as yours have; let us explore safely and do not restrict us unnecessarily
4. Our feelings are tender; do not nag us all day long after all, you wouldn’t want to be nagged for your inquisitiveness.
5. Give us the freedom to make decisions concerning ourselves. Permit us to fail, so that we can learn from our mistakes, then someday we will be prepared to make decisions that life requires of us
6. Do not do things for us; it makes us feel that our efforts did not measure up to your expectations. We know it is hard, but don’t compare us with our elder siblings.
7. Go easy on the criticism; remember you can criticize the things we do without criticizing us.
8. We really do hope you abide by these rules, thankyou.
Culled from Gemwoman, Volume 5 (a publication for inspiring women)